Museo Civico "G. Ugonia" - Brisighella

http://dati.emilia-romagna.it/id/ibc/IT-ER-RA027 an entity of type: Museum

L’ottocentesco Palazzo dell'ex Pretura, restaurato a partire dal 1981, ospita la collezione delle opere del pittore e litografo faentino Giuseppe Ugonia (1881-1944), donate all’Amministrazione comunale di Brisighella dalla vedova Elena Mignini. Al primo piano dell'edificio è stato ricostruito lo studio di Ugonia, con banco, torchio e tutti gli strumenti dell'artista, accanto ad acquerelli, cartoncini ed ex libris. In una saletta contigua è conservata l'opera completa del maestro, consultabile su richiesta. Al secondo piano sono esposti dipinti provenienti in gran parte da chiese del territorio, interessante repertorio dell'arte locale. Alcuni dei pezzi provengono dalla chiesa di San Bernardo, di proprietà dell'Azienda USL di Ravenna, recuperata ed ora inserita nel circuito turistico-culturale della zona di Brisighella. Le opere coprono un arco cronologico che va dal XIV al XX secolo e annoverano dipinti di Bertucci il Giovane ('Orazione nell'orto'), Nicolò Paganelli ('Crocefissione'), Tommaso Missiroli, Antonio Fanzaresi, Pietro Piani, oltre alla grande pala del Guercino con 'S. Francesco d'Assisi e S. Ludovico di Francia', commissionata per la cappella Naldi della chiesa di S. Francesco. Si hanno poi stampe antiche e otto-novecentesche, ceramiche di produzione faentina (secc. XIV-XIX), argenti ed arredi sacri che offrono uno spaccato eloquente del ricco patrimonio tuttora conservato nelle chiese del circondario. Fra i pezzi di maggior rilievo c’è un presepe della fine del Quattrocento in terracotta policroma, di fattura faentina, proveniente dalla vicina chiesa parrocchiale di Zattaglia. Le targhe devozionali in ceramica sono poche ma importanti: fra esse la maiolica dipinta di manifattura faentina raffigurante la B. V. delle Grazie di Faenza, detta di "Maria Saletti". Si segnala, infine, un ovale con il calice eucaristico della Manifattura Ferniani di Faenza, attribuibile al "Pittore del 1740”.
The 19th century building formerly known as Palazzo della Pretura, which was restored starting in 1981, houses a collection of works by the Faenza-born painter and lithographer Giuseppe Ugonia (1881-1944), which were donated to the Municipality of Brisighella by his widow Elena Mignini. The first floor of the building features a replica of Ugonia’s studio, with his desk, printing press, and all of his instruments, along with watercolours, paperboards, and bookplates. An adjacent room, which can be visited upon request, houses Ugonia’s entire body of work. The second floor displays an interesting selection of local paintings, mostly from area churches. Some of the items come from the Church of San Bernardo, owned by the Ravenna USL Local Health Authority, which has now been restored and included in the Brisighella cultural and tourism circuit. The works on display are from the 14th to the 20th centuries and include paintings by Bertucci the Younger (Agony in the Garden), Nicolò Paganelli (Crucifixion), Tommaso Missiroli, Antonio Fanzaresi, Pietro Piani, and a large altarpiece by Guercino depicting 'Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Louis of Toulouse’, commissioned for the Naldi chapel of the Church of San Francesco. There are also ancient and 19th and 20th century prints, Faenza ceramics (16th to 19th centuries), silverware, and sacred furnishings, which provide an eloquent overview of the rich patrimony that is still currently held by the area’s churches. One of the most noteworthy item is a polychrome terracotta nativity scene from the 15th century, made in Faenza and originally located in the nearby Zattaglia parish church. There are only a few devotional plaques, but they are of artistic importance: one that stands out in particular is a Faenza painted majolica depicting Faenza’s Our Lady of Graces, also known as the "Maria Saletti" majolica. Finally, there is an oval painting depicting a eucharistic chalice from Faenza’s Manifattura Ferniani, attributed to a "1740 painter".
Museo Civico "G. Ugonia" - Brisighella 
Museo Civico "G. Ugonia" 
11,77377369901430 
44,22364114414820 
Arte 
IT-ER-RA027 
1985 

data from the linked data cloud

DATA

Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 International (CC BY 3.0)